Brian Davis is a shareholder in the law firm of Davis Law Group. His practice primarily involves representing victims and the survivors of those injured or killed in collisions with tractor-trailers throughout the eastern United States. In addition to litigating truck cases, Brian handles other serious injury cases, including medical malpractice, defective products, premises liability, and car wrecks.
Brian was born in Asheville, North Carolina. He received his undergraduate degree in political science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his law degree at Wake Forest University School of Law.
Admitted to practice in all of the state and federal courts in North Carolina, Brian is also a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States. Brian has litigated cases throughout North Carolina and has represented victims in other states on the East Coast from New York to Florida. Brian also has experience representing clients in class actions and in federal multi-district litigation.
Brian is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers (NCATL), the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association, and the Wake County Bar Association.
On the national level, Brian is very active in the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), often traveling to Washington, D.C. as a member of the Key Person Committee to lobby against anti-consumer legislation. For his work in Washington, Brian has twice received the ATLA Wiedemann Wysochi Citation of Excellence for outstanding public service. Because of his reputation, knowledge and experience in tractor-trailer litigation, Brian has also acted as a consulting editor for ATLA's TRIAL magazine regarding truck litigation articles. Brian is also currently working as a truck litigation consultant in a large multi-party commercial truck case in the United Kingdom.
As a member of the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Brian has served on the Academy's Board of Governors since 1998, and he is an elected Trustee of the Academy's Political Action Committee. Being on the Academy's Editorial Board, Brian has also served as the Coordinating Editor of the publication Trial Briefs. Additionally, he serves in various capacities on several other Academy committees.
Finally, as a strong proponent of Pro Bono representation, Brian has served on the Board of Governors of the North Carolina State Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyers Program since 1997.
When Brian is not working, he enjoys mountain biking, dual sport motorcycle riding, snow skiing and other outdoor activities.
Areas of Practice
· Personal Injury
· Motor Vehicle Crashes
· Truck Accidents
· Pedestrian Collisions
· Motorcycle Accidents
· Bicycle Accidents
· Products Liability
· Defective Products
· Industrial Explosions
· Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
· Brain Injuries
· North Carolina, 1991
· U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1991
· U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1991
· U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1991
· U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of North Carolina
· U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of North Carolina
· U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of North Carolina
· U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
· U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
· Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
o J.D. - 1991
· University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
o B.A. - 1987
o Major: Political Science
· ATLA's TRIAL Magazine, (Consulting Editor)
· Trial Briefs, (Coordinating Editor)
Honors and Awards
· Recipient Twice of the ATLA Wiedemann Wysochi Citation of Excellence
Professional Associations and Memberships
· American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
· North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers (NCATL), Member
· American Bar Association, Member
· North Carolina Bar Association, Member
· Wake County Bar Association, Member
· American Association for Justice, Member, Key Person Committee
?· North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Board of Governors, 1998 - Present
· North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Elected Trustee, Political Action Committee
· North Carolina State Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyers Program, Board of Governors, 1997 - Present
· Supreme Court of the United States, Member
· Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), Member
Pro Bono Activities
· Board of Governors, North Carolina State Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyers Program, 1997 - Present