Philip Grossman has over 35 years of experience in the practice of law and is currently a senior partner in the Louisville Law Firm of Grossman Green PLLC.
His passion is handling personal injury cases for clients who suffer serious and catastrophic injuries. In particular, he most frequently works with victims and families who have suffered the effects of brain injuries, paralysis, fractures, spine injuries and wrongful death.
Recognition And Success
Philip has achieved numerous distinctions. He has been listed in the Kentucky Magazine as a Top Attorney in Kentucky and recognized by Louisville Magazine as a Top Lawyer. From 2007-present, Philip has been selected for inclusion in Kentucky Super Lawyers. Philip is AV Preeminent peer review rated through Martindale-Hubbell.
Philip is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum due to his success in obtaining numerous million-dollar verdicts, awards and settlements for his clients.
Community And Law-Related Involvement
In 2018, Philip served as President of the Kentucky Justice Association (KJA) which is the leading organization of Kentucky Plaintiff's Trial Lawyers committed to improving the quality of legal representation for Kentucky injury victims and their families. In 1996 He served as President of the Louisville Bar Association, the largest voluntary bar association for lawyers based in Louisville and Jefferson County, Kentucky.
Philip is also Founder and Master of the Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court. He has been a frequent speaker at seminars on medical negligence, spine and brain injury, auto and truck cases and trial practice.
University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1980
Washington University, St Louis, Missouri
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, 1977
Honors And Awards
- Kentucky Super Lawyer, 2007-2022
- Kentucky Top 50 Super Lawyer, 2011, 2012, 2021, 2022
- Best Lawyers, 2020-2022
- Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year Plaintiff Product Liability Litigation Louisville, Ky., 2022
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law Distinguished Alumni Award
- Louisville Bar Association Distinguished Service Award
- Louisville's Top Lawyers as Picked by Their Peers
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association, Member, 1980
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 1980
- Louisville Bar Association, President, 1996
- Louis D. Brandies American Inn of Courts, Founder and Master
- Admitted Member of the American Board of Trial Advocacy (ABOTA)
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America), Birth Trauma Litigation Group; Professional Negligence Section; Medical Negligence Information Exchange Group; Products Liability Section; Motor Vehicle Collision Highway and Premises Liability Section
- American Bar Association, Member 1980-2007, Sections of Insurance and Litigation
- Louisville Bar Foundation, Board of Directors 1995-97, 2005-2014, Secretary, 2010; Vice President-Treasurer,2011;President-Elect,2012; President 2013; Immediate Past President, 2014} Louisville Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- Admitted to the Indiana Bar -1980, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Brain Injury Association of Kentucky, Board of Directors and Counsel - 1988-91, 2001-10, Honorary Board Member (formerly Kentucky Head Injury Association)
- Kentucky Disabilities Coalition (Formerly Kentucky Coalition for People With Handicaps) -1990-95, Secretary; Counsel
- Citizens for Better Judges, Attorney's Steering Committee - 1991-94, 1996-98
- Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court - 1996-Present, Master, Founding Member; Program Chair
- Jefferson County Courts Facility Committee(The Planning Committee for the building of the Judicial Center) 1996
- Board of Kentucky Justice Association, President, 2018
- Admitted to the Kentucky Bar , Member of the Kentucky Bar Association , 1998 to 2004
- Planning and Coordinating Council of Jefferson County Courts, 1996